Fantastico is showing blank page after installation. New installation was also giving the blank page.
FIX:- Change the following on config.php file.
The server is PHP-SUEXEC enabled so the plugin_rootdir should be given as “plugins” in config.php file.
Sometimes, cPanel do not working well with the Fantastico DeLuxe as well as there do not have any error from the server.
1. Fantastico showing installation configuration file and database with ERROR.
2. No web file in the public_html folder.
3. Database is not configured properly(no table and data).
Hint from the cPanel error_log.
PHP Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1289814352.9866F8Ane8kVMm on line 979
4. Open php.ini file
# vi /usr/lib/php.ini
check for the “disable_function” and found out “shell_exec” and system is being listed, disable this function.
5. To overcome it, put a semi-colon “;” to the line of disable_function and restart the Apache HTTPD services and it is working fine.
Here are following steps to uninstall Fantastico on cPanel
# rm -rf /var/netenberg/
# rm -rf /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/fantastico/
# rm -rf /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico*
# rm -rf /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/*/fantastico
# rm -f /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/cells/fantastico.html
# rm -f /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_fantastico.cgi
Softaculous is best as compare to Fantastico but its little confusing for new clients who just registered hosting account. I think Softaculous need some time to undterstand.
Softaculous having large number of script as compare to Fantastico. Softaculous is good for WHMCS and Magento users as well as hosting provider becasue both scripts are present in Softaculous and easy to install as compare to manual installation. Softaculous is more updated and has tons of script’s like 144 compared to fantastico having 50… I mean theres a huge difference.
A complete list of changes:
1. Softaculous now has a Admin Side Fantastico Importer which will import installations of Scripts that are common in Softaculous and Fantastico. There are 36 scripts that are common in Softaculous and Fantastico. The admin can now import installations for ALL users by the click of a button.
2. Users can now specify an additional email address to email the installation details.
3. Installation details emailed will now consist the Admin Username and Password of the script installation.
4. In the Admin Settings page, there will be a text “suPHP Detected” if suPHP is found and detected by Softaculous. This is to help admins set the correct CHMOD permissions for installations.
5. The Synchronize button and the Control Panel button in the enduser panel can be turned off by the admin. Users were asking for this feature and we have included it in this version of Softaculous.
6. There will be an Overwrite option for overwriting the files that exist.
7. The cPanel FreeBSD bug which led to an empty domains list is fixed in this version of Softaculous.
8. If security tokens were enabled in cPanel, a user returning from Softaculous to cPanel had to relogin. This is now fixed.
Prices comparison of Softaculous & Fantastico
|Number of Scripts||175||60||50||58||19|
|One Step Install||
|Addition of Scripts|
If there is no script installed in the root (i.e. public_html etc.) for your domain name but you still get the message stating that you cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain, it means that a previously installed script was not properly removed. To resolve this problem you should follow these steps:
1. Log in cPanel and go to File Manager
2. Navigate to .fantasticodata in your Home Directory
3. Delete the file installed_in_root.php
Make sure that show hidden files/folders is enabled in your file manager. ?
If the Fantastico install option is not available, you will need to manually download Fantastico onto your Server.
1. Connect to your VPS using an SSH connection.
2. Log in as the Administrator user.
3. Change to the proper cgi folder using the following command:
4. Download the Fantastico install file using the following command:
5. Extract the install file using the following command:
#tar -xzpf fantastico_whm_admin.tgz
6. Remove the install file using the following command:
#rm -rf fantastico_whm_admin.tgz
7. Log out of the SSH connection.
8. Log out and log back into cPanel in a web browser.
9. From the menu, under Plugins, click Fantastico De Luxe WHM Admin (located at the bottom)